Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Boston English

Hi, everyone!

We're starting to get cooler weather with rain.

I still love school. The biggest problem is keeping the boys in line. If they would just pay attention to me, or at least the teacher, the day would go a lot better. But they will probably get better.


Relaxing after a long day of helping boys with their classwork.

Last week we cleaned up the school yard, sweeping the sidewalks and raking the leaves. Again, the problem was the boys. I had a plan, but when I was explaining it to them, they just walked away. (But that's better than getting punched. That's another story.)

And I'm not BOSSY!

I'm starting to figure out Boston English. It has a lot to do with "r's." If the word ends in an "r" you drop it off; you don't say it. Like "finger." "Finger" is pronounced "fingah."

And if the word ends in a vowel, you add the "r." Like "idea." It's not "idea," it's "idea-r."

Papa Bruce tells me its the law of conservation of "r's." If one word loses an "r," another word has to get an "r."

Whatever.

I think when a word loses an "r," the "r" is lonely and looks for another word to hang on to. "R's" need friends, too.

Arianna, I think, needs to get more focused. She says her favorite subjects are recess, lunch, and "p.e." Whatever that is.

I don't see English or arithmetic in her list of favorite subjects. Hellooooo.

Anyway, I have to go. Arianna has left some books lying around and I have to pick them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment